This online course (through the edX platform) used embodied case study videos and self-reflection prompts to train grad students, postdocs and current faculty to approach education through personal and inclusive strategies backed by the latest educational reserach.
- Have empathy
- Inclusive teaching, like most things, needs to be continually refined, never mastered.
- Allowing time and energy to humanize everyone in the classroom who wants to share
- Explicitly note that many pioneers of physics and chemistry were wealthy European men, while also:
- recognizing where women and others played crucial roles in the past, and
- insisting that anyone can learn science, and I’m eager to guide them!